Monday, 02 August 2010 00:00
Welcome! The 2014 season is coming up! If you want to be a coach of either football or cheer please get your application in as soon as possible!
2014 Scorpions Have a Great Season!
Join us on Facebook!
2014 Season Registration Information:
Flag Football and Flag Cheer: $120 per player
Tackle Football and Tackle Cheer: $180 per player
$20 Multi-Child Family Discount per Player
$20 Early Registration Discount Per Player*
* If Registration Fee is Paid by April 15th!!!
Practice: ALL practices are held at Palo Verde Park. Tackle practice is Monday through Friday for the first 4 weeks of practice from 6 pm to 8 pm. Flag & Cheer start a week later than Tackle. Thereafter practice days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 to 8 pm.
: All games are held on Saturdays, starting at 8 am and usually ending around 4 pm. Game locations are all over the Tucson metro area and some in Rio Rico. It is your responsibility to transport your participant to and from games and arrive a minimum of 1 hour prior to your start time. If your player arrives after the team has been checked in, your child will not play in the game. The schedule will not be released until the week of August 22nd
. You MUST check the TYFSF Website for latest games schedule the night before each game. (www.tyfsf.com
) We also post an association only schedule (plus scores) on our website. (www.tucsonscorpions.com
Tackle Players Need: Athletic Protective Cup & Mouth Piece, Football Cleats, Practice Pants (with pads) and Practice Jersey. Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Game Jersey and Game Pants will be provided (with full registration payment). Jersey, Game Pants, Helmet and Shoulder Pads will be returned at the end of the season. If not returned you will be charged $150 per player!!!
Flag Players Need: Athletic Protective Cup & Mouth Piece, Football Cleats, Practice T-shirt & Shorts. Association provides Jersey & Flags.
Cheerleaders Need: For Practices, Cheerleaders need: Workout clothes, Hair Pulled back, No Jewelry, a Beach Towel and a Bottle of Water. For Games: Hair Pulled back, No Jewelry, Uniform, White Cheer Shoes & Bloomers for games. Uniforms will be provided by the Scorpion Assocation. Cheer Uniforms will be returned at the end of the season. If not returned you will be charged $100 per uniform.
Team Staff: Each Football team has the following: Head Coach (1), Assistant Coaches (up to 4), Equipment Manager (1), Business Manager (1), Team Mom/Dad (1). Each Cheer Squad has: Head Coach (1), Assistant Coaches (up to 4), Business Manager (1), Team Mom/Dad (1). All individuals are volunteers and are not compensated for their time. Please provide them with your respect and support. If you would like to volunteer for your Child’s team, please contact the Association President or General Manager as soon as possible. All volunteers must present a finger print card and be approved by Scorpion Association & TYFS Federation. Each team must have at least one person whom is CPR Certified.
Code of Conduct: by signing your registration form you agree to the following:
As a participant/athlete and a parent/guardian, we understand it is our responsibility to:
1. Place academic achievement as a high priority and to refrain from using alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and anabolic steroids.
2. Respect the integrity and judgment of game/competition officials before, during, and after game/competitions.
3. Exhibit fair play, sportsmanship, proper conduct, respect teammates, opponents, officials, and coaches at all times, on and off the field.
4. Refrain from the use of profanity, vulgarity and offensive gestures before, during and after games.
5. Adhere to established rules and standards for the sport I am involved with including; complete set of official rules of TYFSF, AIA, NFHS Spirit, and any other/application published rule book and/or manual. Be aware of and follow all applicable rules and regulations as they pertain to eligibility and participation.
6. Respect all equipment and uniforms issued to me and return in good condition
7. WIN WITH CHARACTER, LOSE WITH DIGNTY